Thursday, February 17, 2011

Solar Energy



DID YOU KNOW ...
.
.
.
Half of the renewable energy sector companies' revenue was comprised of the governmental incentives that since October, it happened to get frozen?
yeah me neither! Well... until I met two business owners in the same sector, who were desperately looking for investers to relocate their business to UK and they are two among plenty who are striving to not to get bankrupt if not already (I have talked to four business owners myself so far).
As a very conservative comment (since my Canadian citizenship application is still in progress) I know that it's hard for the government to keep everyone happy and I know that Solar power is still not quite economically beneficial, BUT, it's not hard to show that using hybrid systems can reduce the electricity consumption by half!(Check THIS out , I was actually there today) let's not talk about the environmental benefits that it may have by reducing the GHG and the charge on power plants, but let's just say that these poor people won't end up moving to UK to start their business all from scratch and I as a chemical engineer won't have my breakfast with penguins in Fort McMurry!!!

No comments: