Tuesday, February 8, 2011

For Sara



It's three of us sitting half naked by the quay... The burning sun of mid June in the hottest summer of history in Canada is shining on the Lake Ontario and what I see through my sunglasses is the reflection of the light as random sparkles. I hear Reza is talking on my right and on my left it's a you that I've never met before. My brain starts to wonder, how did I end up here. from my solitude in the sugar cube in Garrett st. to here... Christina's famous sentence keeps ringing in my head... "Life is grande" ... "Life is grande"...
you start complaining about how sun is burning your skin but my head is getting lighter and lighter ... "Life is grande" ...  I start laughing at you! you start laughing back... Then you mumble something about "Vuvuzela" which clearly means "Seriously, my body hurts" and we both know what you mean but thoughts turn out different once they're spoken. 
And now here I am sitting in a silent apartment north of Yonge that is only a noise of cricket away to make it feel like a graveyard and you are about to get on the plane to leave. your guitar is leaning on my desk and this time your voice rings in my head "One day that you become a musician you have to thank me in public for being supportive" mm... well I might not end up a musician but I sure can play something to feel better right now. 

Safe trip

No comments: